Sunday, January 31, 2016

Goodbye from the 2014-2015 Board

Jessica Levitt (founder, former President, current VP), Jessica Skultety (former VP, current President and Webmaster), and Kristina Bobo (current Treasurer) have been on the board for the past two years (or more). We'd like to collectively thank you for all of your help in making our guild a wonderful place to be! It's been a pleasure to serve the CJMQG.

Jess S. (left) with Jess L.

Kristina at one of our retreats

-------------------------------

Laura Schafer, who is staying on as Secretary through 2016, also has some words: "I'm excited to continue working with the guild leadership in the position of Secretary. The CJMQG has made a huge difference in my creativity, confidence and capabilities in quilting, and I'm happy to do my part to assist others in their quilty journeys. I really enjoy our activities, learning experiences, and new friendships. Let's make Year 5 a great year!!"


-------------------------------

I'd personally like to thank all of you for your continued support of the guild and my own quilting. I never thought that I would be in the position of guild president when I joined four years ago as a very intimidated college student (you are all STUNNINGLY talented!). You have become friends and loyal comrades, and it feels like coming home whenever we have a guild meeting or event! Thank you for making all of it worthwhile. I'll still be around, but you can look towards the back of the room instead, where the old board will surely be cackling like Statler and Waldorf.

Maggie Schreiter is taking over all newsletter and blogging duties as the Webmaster, so you can look for her posts here. Neva Asinari is our new President! They have both taken over their duties with grace and thoroughness. Thank you also to Christina DiMarco and Krishma Patel for volunteering for the essential roles of Vice President and Treasurer! I can't wait to see where our guild goes next!

-Jess S.