Monday, July 16, 2012

Modern Monday #4 - 7/16/12

Modern Monday posts detail happenings and trends in the modern quilt blog world. I will discuss general news, significant contests and their results, new quilt-a-longs, and post flickr inspiration boards. My hope is that everyone, both CJMQG members and modern quilters around the internet, will find some inspiration and get involved with the online world!


There are SO many new things going on this week! Maybe it's because it's the middle of July and it's hot (at least here in NJ!), which means we're staying in air conditioning as much as possible (and quilting? Please tell me I'm not alone!)


CJMQG RSVPs:
July Sewcial - Thurs. July 26 @ Robin's - please RSVP!


Happenings:
-Not only is my friend Rebecca hosting Christmas in July (tutorials every Monday and lots of prizes), Don't Call Me Betsy is also hosting a Christmas in July, which starts TODAY (7/16) and features 10 Christmas tutorials on 10 different days! Get sewing for the holidays - you know you need to (and I look around my sewing room and think, that's definitely not going to happen yet, haha)!

ciF150
New Quilt-A-Longs:

-Have I mentioned how completely psyched I am for this QAL?? Probably not... but I am. It starts in September so keep an eye out (I'll be sure to post again when it gets closer):

photo courtesy Ellen Luckett Baker

-At Piles O' Fabric, Alyssa is leading the Totally Groovy QAL (pattern by Emily Cier/Carolina Patchworks) - this is such an amazing (and curvy) pattern - and there are some fabulous prizes! Check it out!!
Pile O' Fabric


-Jenna at Sew Happy Geek has posted a sneak peak of her next modern QAL. Looking forward to seeing more of it:



Flickr Inspiration:


Do you see a theme for today? :)
1. Perspective Close-up, 2. modern dresden mini, 3. Tula Pink 'Space Dust', 4. Modernista swap wall pocket, 5. Robert Kaufman challenge quilt, 6. CircleQuiltFront


Later this week: our discussion on batting at our July meeting, and this week or next week will be the July meeting recap post.

Leave comments with any questions or suggestions for Modern Mondays (and the blog!)

-Jess H.