Hi all! I promise I'll be back with more frequent posts after Christmas is over!
- We will vote for new officers at the January meeting. All positions have volunteers, so, yay!
- You can still register for QuiltCon (February 21-24 in Austin, TX).
- Let Jessica Levitt know if you would like to sew up some of the charity blocks to make a large lap quilt - she can bring them to the January meeting, too.
- We handed out fabric for the Madrona Road Challenge! See below in January meeting... and another post coming here soon.
We had a lesson on Paper Piecing with Robin. She showed us the process of basic paper piecing and stopped at each stage to explain, with props. Thanks, Robin (from a quilter who needs to try paper piecing!)
Spotlight: Laura N. (who really, really shouldn't move!) (pictures and explanation to follow, when I get them!)
We shared handmade gifts for the holidays. Many had at least one to share... even those who have sworn off making handmade gifts *coughJessicacough* :)
Finally, we had show and tell.
(sorry if all the pictures together looks strange - Blogger and Flickr aren't liking me too much right now).
Tuesday, January 8, 2013, 7-9:30 pm, Pennington Quilt Works in Pennington, NJ
- Secret Quilter gift exchange due - bring your gift wrapped but also in a bag, so it stays secret!
- January/Madrona Road Challenge - you can bring your piece to share for this meeting, or in February. Our challenge is "details" - whatever that means to you. *You can use the given Madrona Road fabric and solids only!
- Spotlight on Myra C.