Wednesday, February 11, 2015

March "Filmstrip" Block

Our block this month has lots of small pieces, so make sure you've got the scant 1/4 inch nailed down on your sewing machine!  If you need help I recommend reading this tutorial by Gen X Quilters.

Here is the link for the tutorial in PDF form: Filmstrip

First, you will prepare the border of the block:


Next, you will sew half square triangles.  I love it when the pattern makes the units a bit oversized so I can trim to the exact size.


I took some time with the next step to figure out what colors I wanted where for the wonky star points.  If you have yet to make a wonky star this tutorial  has great instructions for you.


And....  now you are a quarter of the way through the quilt-a-long!



 Happy sewing and I'll be monitoring Instagram for block finishes.  Tag your post #cjmqg, #kmqg, and tag @knoxmqg!

-Neva